Randy's Corner Deli Library

10 June 2008

Mr. Burns Does It Again

The little Mr. Burns moment last evening with Brian Williams on the
NBC Nightly News when Mr. Burns (Heheheh...Mr. McCain... Heheheheh) attempted to equate Mr. Obama with Jimmy Carter was an unsubtle patent attempt to pander to Jewish voters who are the only ones alive in this country who give a damn about Mr. McCain's creaky contemporary, Carter.

If it wasn't for that purpose, then it was a great way to illustrate just how old Mr. McCain is: One has to be older than ME to remember what the economy was like under Mr. Carter's leadership, and I am 47. I do remember gas lines and the mandatory reduction of the speed limit, though being a city kid, I didn't have much time on the Edens or Dan Ryan Expressways. Other than that, 1976 remains the year I went to Israel and the year I got my driver's license. And the year in which for awhile I was worried (!) about getting recruited into the Howard Street Greasers street gang. Like they would have had me!

Oh, Mr. Burns! We're on to you, you twicky wabbit! Heheheheh....snicker....wanna buy a nuclear plant? D'oh!

Randy Shiner

No comments: